Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Night In The Big House

Last night was our first night in the new house. It was ummm..... Scary. It has hard wood floors, and we don't have that much stuff, so it echoes, and is loud but very quiet at the same time. It makes all the noises that houses make at night, that I'm not used to yet. After I finally went to sleep (on the floor!) at around midnight, Wyatt got up to eat, and then around four I swear on everything Holy, an airplane tried to land on the roof. The entire house shook, and it was about the loudest thing I've ever heard inside a house. So Ezra woke up scared to death (not that I was really surprised). There was no putting him back in his bed, so I took him and we tried to go back to sleep on my little bed on the floor. Apparently he's not the kind of kid who goes back to sleep after finding out his bed is on a runway. So, lets just say it was a very short night, and first thing I did this morning was dig through boxes like a raccoon in the garbage 'till I found the coffee...
Ezra is in quite the mood now, since he's been up since four, and I wouldn't let him take a nap at 8:00am. Not that I would have minded taking a nap myself, but I don't really want this to keep happening. We're working on making it to our regularly scheduled naptime. It's hard to be inspired to keep moving boxes after about three hours of sleep- on the floor.
So, another word of advice from me-- make sure you pass out ear plugs if you move onto an airport runway, and get help moving your bed even if it means selling your soul. After a night or two on the floor, you won't have much use for one anyway.

No comments: