Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Few Thoughts On Moving


So yesterday was our first day of moving into the house. That was a nice thing. We took all of our kitchen stuff over, save two cups and one plate for each of us (Ezra and I that is). Today we are planning on moving all the furniture to the garage, so it's easier to move next weekend. I can't exactly move the couch down the stairs by myself, and I want to be able to clean. I'm planning on camping out on the floor for the next few nights 'till we get my bed moved. I suppose I should call it 'our' bed, but Ben is never here and I'm going to be the one on the floor, so it's mine. I'm looking forward to being done, and I've barely started.....

We seem to pick the best times to move, when it is freezing rain- Greenacres to Liberty Lake, when it's 20* below with 45 mph wind- Liberty Lake to Newman Lake, when it is 90* and I'm 8 months pregnant and we don't know anyone to help us- WA to SD, and now, while it's 30* and snowing. We are good at this. I would recommend checking the weather before you move. You think I would have heeded to that advice myself after a few past experiences, but no not me! So learn from this and watch the weather channel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can recall all 18 moves that we made. Most of the time it was with babies. Real fun!! I as I have told your father inlaw, I will not move again.

Anonymous said...

Jake and I have not heeded the check the local forcast advise either, When we moved from Utah to Seattle, it snowed 2 ft while loading the truck, then it seemed to always be raining in Seattle when we moved, then we get to the other end of the spectrum here. When we moved into the house it was the first day of over 100 weather for the year, and it hit 110 if I remember correctly......

The Big Red Dogs said...

At least I'm not pregnant this time. I've been pregnant every other time we've moved.....