Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Details

Well, it is 7:34 in this beautiful Tuesday evening and I am applauding myself for having put three boys to bed without a scene. Yes, three boys. Our friend Kehlan got a new sister a little earlier than expected, so he is staying with us for the evening while his parents get acquainted with the new little girl.

I haven't really posted any details about our trip to WA, so I thought I'd fill in a little bit.
We left Rapid Wednesday morning about 10:30, came back to the apartment to get a few things we'd forgotten around 11:15, left for Gillette again to go get daddy and get on the road. He wasn't off work yet, so we waited a little while for him to get back to his hotel to shower and pack (for some reason it wasn't done yet...Boys!). We finally got on the road, only to realize I'd left the pacifier on the roof of the car at the hotel and it's the only one we've got. We went back. There it was, right in the parking lot, so we got it, washed it and once again, left town. The trip was going great, we were making really good time, the boys were happy, everything was great. Then we got to Big Timber, MT. I-90 was closed for 100 miles, indefinitely. There was a forest fire that was threatening to jump the road and they didn't want a bunch of people getting killed or something. So we turned around, AGAIN! We wound up taking a 300 mile detour around it. That put us in Spokane at about 6:00 am. So after almost 24 hours in the car, we finally made it.

The rest of the trip was uneventful, right up until the part that I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Yes, a brain tumor. I went for a routine eye exam to get a new RX for my glasses and through a series of tests the doctor decided that I had a tumor that was pressing on my pituitary gland and I would go blind and/or die if it wasn't removed ASAP. He ordered MRI's for the next night and I went through the next 24 hours about two breaths away from hyper-ventilating. After MRI's that caused me to miss the Season Premier of Grey's Anatomy, there is no tumor, no dying, and no going blind. There is on the other had a second opinion in the near future. (Don't worry, I had my DVR set to record Grey's Anatomy at home!)

Ben flew in to Spokane and drove home with us, and thank goodness that trip was uneventful. I did notice however that the part of I-90 that was closed had NOT been affected by the fire.... Oh well. All's well that ends well.

No comments: