Friday, October 12, 2007

I think I've forgotten to post about the new truck before now. It's only new to me. It is a 1990 F-350 Crew Cab Long Box. There is less paint than dirt, and most things are broken. Don't worry, we didn't loose our shirts on this deal. I love the truck. It isn't fancy (not even a cassette deck!) and has no payment! We knew it was going to need lots of work when we got it, but it's the kind of stuff that is pretty easy.

So yesterday was our first opportunity to really dig around under it, and Ben was kind enough to let me do a bunch of stuff. Like replacing the shocks and then rewiring it so I can pull a trailer this weekend.

All that said, here is the new pickup. with me under it.One of the old shocks. It was broken in two under the pickup...

The wiring was a mess when we first got after it. There weren't even brake lights... So, we tore a bunch of stuff out and put a lot less baling wire back in.

6 comments:

THE FOLKS AT HOME said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
THE FOLKS AT HOME said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Big Red Dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adventure said...

does the truck run?

The Big Red Dogs said...

Yep, runs like a champ. Its just not too pretty.

Anonymous said...

I have a few things needin fixin round here!!! Guess I have been lookin to the wrong person to fix them up for me!!!

Your boys are such handsome fellas...but whodathunk otherwise comin from such a precious momma...

my kids enjoy lookin at the boys and reading your blog too...