Friday, July 20, 2007

Knock-Knock-Anyone-There???



This is me getting prepped for surgery. We all actually enjoyed ourselves and joked the entire time. I think the only person who didn't enjoy our teasing and jokes was the anesthesiologist. The way they put you under is a little different than I thought it would be. They use IV drugs to put you out initially and then put a breathing tube in your throat and use some kind of gas to keep you out. We were teasing and asking if they ever made bets about if they could do it with 'the other hand'... She didn't like it very much. She did pay me the oddest compliment I've ever received though. She said I had the most beautiful airway she'd seen yet. Don't worry, I'm not letting it go to my head.

Ben tried to take some pictures of Ezra laying in bed with me, but all our batteries are dead.... Typical. I'm sure there will be more opportunities for him to get pictures of me lying in bed here in the near future.

As you can probably tell, I'm a little bored. I'm feeling well enough to talk on the phone, and have my voice mostly back from the tube.... Hint hint..... The boys are kind of getting locked downstairs so they don't jump on my stomach, so I'm mostly alone. Desperate and pathetic enough to make you all feel sorry for me and call with your favorite knock knock jokes? I'll post my favorites if you do. With some nice compliment about the individual who tells it too.

For now I'm going to lay back and wait for my phone to ring!

No comments: