Thursday, August 30, 2007

He's A Live One!!!


I wish I'd had my camera. That's about all I can say. This evening after dinner I got a phone call from our friend Debbie. She knew Ben was out of town and was offering to watch the boys so I could play with my horse. During the conversation the fact that she's going to be out of town for the weekend came up. She needs someone to feed her livestock, and since Angardd lives there it makes sense for us to do it. We agreed to meet down at the barn and she'd show me the ropes, and then hang out with Ezra and Wyatt while I rode. I wound up riding one of her daughters horses instead of my own, which was kinda fun, a very different experience for me.... He's a roping horse.


The part where I was wishing for my camera was when I loped around the end of the arena and saw Ezra in the chute! It was adorable. A benefit to him being in the chute, he was insisting on keeping the gate closed so he was very well contained. He just looked so silly in there... I'm sure that he'll venture that way again. Hopefully next time I'll have the camera handy.


He's started saying, or at least trying to say lots more words and phrases. 'I'll get it' 'Wyatt NO!' 'Piper?' 'Mean Mama' 'Sweet Baby' 'Run!' 'Jump!' 'Go Daddy Go!'(reserved for car rides) are just a few. Tonight's phrase was 'Run! Run! Run!'. This was while he was sitting on the horse.... We did not 'Run! Run! Run!'. He was a little disappointed with that but I think he forgave me when I let him ride OJ back to the barn by himself. (Don't worry, I was walking nervously next to him ready to snatch him from deaths grasp....)

No comments: