Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I haven't just posted any of my random thoughts in quite a while, and figured you all were missing my ramblings, so here it goes.

Since I've droned on and on last I've not really done anything that exciting. Therefore- I've not posted anything exciting. The weather has been great, so we've been playing outside a lot. The weather here is almost as unpredictable as it was in Rapid. Sunday was beautiful, we played outside, had a mini-picnic followed shortly by a tornado. Yep, a real one. A big one, that touched down 4 miles from our house! Thankfully most of the trailer parks are on the other side of town, so it's furry was directed in the other direction..... I'm kidding, there wasn't any major damage. just a little excitement and embarrassment on my part.

Because I've lived in the Spokane area all my life I've never seen a tornado, or heard the sirens. (I finally figured out what those huge speakers all over town are!) So in typical redneck fashion, while the sirens are sounding, telling everyone to hide, I was standing out in the street with the rest of the neighborhood, trying to catch a glimpse of what might kill us all (just kidding Mom, we were fine!). After the tornado passed us by it began to rain like I've never seen. Just buckets of water dumping out of the sky... And Ben needed some book out of his truck. So, being the wonderful, loving, caring, thoughtful, selfless, gag-me-with-a-spoon-i-wanted-an-excuse-to-play-in-it-wife, that I am, I offered to go get it. ~Remember that the entire neighborhood is still watching the storm~ I ran outside in my flip-flops, only to slide about 6 feet across a VERY muddy parking lot, slip and fall on my bum, and get laughed at by EVERYONE. At least I know I'm a dork and have come to terms with this. I picked myself up out of the mud, bowed gracefully, and made my exit.

No comments: